This adapter cable is a classic solution to use Playstation 1 controllers on a PC.
Best suited for older machines without an USB port running DOS, Win9x or Linux.
Works with the following software:
Pitfalls (Read before buying!)
- Windows XP/2000 with PSXPad
- Windows 95/98 with Direct Pad Pro.
- Linux 'gamecon' driver.
There are a few risks of incompatiblity (see below). We therefore
cannot allow exchanges or refunds should one of the hereafter mentionned
- Some parallel ports are not able to provide enough power to the
controller. This happens mostly on laptops and PCs with non-standard
parallel ports working at 3.3 volts instead of 5 volts!
- Special game controllers with potentially higher power requirements
may not work.
- I heard some controllers simply won't work. But this is very rare.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 support status is unknown.
- Win64 support is unknown.