The SNES controller to parallel port adapter is a classic solution
for using an SNES controller on a PC. Best suited for older machines
without an USB port running DOS or Win9x.
Works with the following software:
Pitfalls (Read before buying!)
- Windows XP with PSXPad. (Instructions)
- Windows 2K with PSXPad. (Instructions)
- Windows 95/98 with Direct Pad Pro. (Instructions)
- Linux 'gamecon' driver. (This one also supports the SNES mouse)
- Zsnes DOS version native support.
- Possibly SNESKey.
There are a few risks of incompatiblity (see below). We can therefore
allow exchanges or refunds should one of the hereafter mentionned
- Some parallel ports are not able to provide enough power to the
controller. This happens mostly on laptops and PCs with non-standard
parallel ports working at 3.3 volts instead of 5 volts!
- Special SNES controllers with potentially higher power requirements
may not work.
- Some controllers simply won't work. But this is very rare.
- Windows Vista support status is unknown.
- Win64 support is unknown.
This adapter is built according to the instructions on