This circuit board has a total of 16 easy to wire inputs (4 directions and 12 buttons) and connects to an USB port, implementing a standard USB HID joystick.
- 16 inputs: 4 Directional, 12 Buttons.
- HID USB interface. Works as-is without installing special drivers on most platforms. (Linux, WinXP, Win7 32 and 64 bit).
- On-board standard USB Type B connector. (cable not included)
- Through-hole solder points for easy wire installation.
- Widely spaced solder points helps prevent accidental bridging while soldering.
- Dedicated GND signal for each button for easier wiring. No need to connect
all common wires together.
- Double layer PCB, 101.6mm X 54.86mm (4" x 2.160"). 4.5mm (0.177") diameter mounting holes.
- On-boad activity LED
- Arcade style controller box, or integration in a PC-based arcade cabinet.
- Simple joystick adapters (1 wire per button) to USB. Ex: neo-Geo, Atari...
- With supporting software on the PC side, button inputs can serve other purposes
than game control. The inputs can be connected to switches, limit-switch, alarm sensors. In any
case, using a dedicated board such as this one is cleaner than modifying an off the shelf
USB game controller.