This is a reprogrammable cartridge, perfect for easily making semi-permanent versions of your homebrew games!
Built using our 4 Megabit SMS cartridge PCB. The sticker "4 Megabit Cartridge" is included but is not
pre-installed, leaving you the choice to make and install your own.
- Re-writeable 4Megabit (512 kB) flash chip
- Compatible with PAL and NTSC systems
- Compatible with the power base converter (or equivalents)
- Sega-style mapper (slots 0, 1 and 2)
- Tested and pre-programmed with the homebrew game DONKEY.SMS
(for demonstration purposes)
Does not contain battery-backed RAM, but with the right programming techniques
scores and progress can be saved directly on flash. The pre-programmed game, DONKEY.SMS, does that!
The cartridge shell we use were in fact designed for SD Card flash cartridges and have a small slot on the top which serves
no purpose. If you'd rather use your own cartridge shells (from a donor game or otherwise) see also our cartridge PCBs.