This reprogrammable SMS cartridge circuit, perfect for easily making physical versions of your homebrew games!
Can be installed in standard SMS cartridge shells.
- Re-writeable 4Megabit (512 kB) flash chip
- Compatible with PAL and NTSC systems
- Compatible with the power base converter (or equivalents)
- Sega-style mapper (slots 0, 1 and 2)
- Fits in standard SMS cartridge shells
- Tested and pre-programmed with the homebrew game DONKEY.SMS
(for demonstration purposes)
This design has no battery-backed RAM on-board, but with the
right programming techniques
scores and progress can be saved directly on flash. The pre-programmed game, DONKEY.SMS, does that!
If you do not have an empty cartridge shell to fit this PCB, see also our